Stand : C16
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the “GE Store,” through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Australia’s economy has grown and expanded, so too have GE’s operations in Australia evolved. Today Australia is an increasingly important country for GE, with 1600 employees and contractors across every state and territory in Australia, working across some of the most important sectors of the economy. For example, GE is one of the biggest partners of the Australian Defence Force, Australia has one of the highest aircraft per capita ratios in the world, and GE’s diverse portfolio of power generation products and services covers all areas of energy sector.
In Australia, GE’s world-class technology now provides:
- 90 per cent of the software running Australia’s electricity grid.
- 70 per cent of Australia’s domestic flights are powered by GE engines.
- 70 per cent of all surgery in Australia is anaesthetised with GE equipment.
- 1.8 gigawatts of wind farm capacity under construction or in operation across Australia.
- One third of MRIs, x-rays, mammograms, ultrasounds, clinical monitoring systems and digital imaging systems to healthcare providers in Australia